5 May 2013

DIY: Shakuhachi inspired cut out dress tutorial




Australian fashion label Shakuhachi is one of my favourite designers at the moment. My favourite dress of theirs is this cut out dress. A pair and a spare does a fantastic DIY tutorial if you like the cut out front and back. I prefer it just at the front so here's my version.

You’ll need:
An oversized cotton t-shirt. XXXL men's t-shirts are perfect as the wideness creates the bunched up effect. You also want to make sure it's long enough to cover your bum!

1. Cut off a bit off the sleeves along the dotted lines.
2. Cut only the 'front side' of the t-shirt along the dotted lines. A good place to cut the horizontal line is just below your ribs.
3. Grab the two points and tie a knot through the hole.

Voila~!

I’m fairly active on facebook, pinterest and twitter, so let’s stay in touch!




2 comments:

  1. ouuu! I love this! Thanks! Now I can finally do something with all of those extra volunteer t-shirts I have at home :P

    P.S. Love your website!!

    http://misstinydollface.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne, thanks for your message! Such a great idea to upcycle your extra volunteer T's! I've made a couple of these dresses and I love them to bits. Wear them ALL the time! Enjoy~! x

    ReplyDelete